Friday, June 16, 2006

Dynamics and Nomburrs

Prague, why are you so crazy. This town is amazing. I think that this is the part where I write how much my mind has changed about things. I just woke up from my third and final night in this city and i feel like i am going to miss it. So much happened to fit in one story but i'll get the highlights. First the City is so awesome. The first night we just wandered around after checking into our amazing pension with Eva, my new czech mother. That first day was also the first time we got to experience the patio times (ask me some other time). That night we just went to a pub and headed home. The next day we all kind of woke up late and me, cait, jordan, ryan, and brian went and saw the dancing house and had market juice (beer). Look it up on the internet if you want. It's an amazing piece of architecture. Then we came back, met back up with Alethia and Cat, had a little more patio time, showered up, and went to this old square that was amazingly beautiful at night. We sat in a neat little place in the square that had a dixie land jazz band playing and brian and I split a 35 dollar glass of whisky. Worth it for one time. The girls headed home in a cab and us boys drank some market juice on some benches in the center of town. I bought a bum named George some food and he praised the name of New Jersey after smashing his wine glass of whiskey. Us boys got home at like 4 in the morning. Yesterday we awoke again to head back to that old square and have lunch and shop. By the way, the whole time Cait and I have been eating like royalty. After some more patio time at the pension, we went out and back to the square again. Cat and Alethia headed back around 1 and the rest of us went to the bridge to drink market juices and bid farewell to the town. We asked a guy to take a picture and we ended up hanging out with him until early in the morning. His friend, Utice, was from Idaho, and Charles was from prague. Long story short they were amazing people and Charles was the perfect example of everything good in this City. He made the choice so easy between sleep, or staying up way to late so he could buy us all drinks to celebrate graduating and have good conversation. That was a night to remember, as was this city. From here we take a night train to Amsterdam. More adventures to come later. Also i feel like I should detail that being here in this city, with this group, and my lady, has helped shape my views and understanding about so much. Mostly interaction, group dynamics, my relationship, my role as a man, and so much more. Also the dixieland jazz band sang when the saints go marching in and the singer didn't really have an accent except for the word "number" which sounded like "nomburrs" and was hilarious.

1 comment:

Jon said...

thad is leaving on sunday for the entire week so drew has the house to himself and he's going crazy. glad you're having fun but it will be good to have you all back.