Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Prosím

Right now I am sitting in a little room in Prague (aka Praha) typing on a keyboard. I might be in heaven. Yesterday morning we left Interlaken and took a train into Zurich. From there we were planning on heading up to Germany but we ended up finding an overnight train that went direct to Prague. We booked ourselves in and the were left with 9 hours to kill in Zurich. Luckily there were lockers for us to stash our packs for the day. I was bummed at first because I was really looking forward to hanging out in Munich but that feeling was quickly swept aside as we explored Zurich. It ended up being one of the most awesome cities I have visited yet. We walked around and looked at all the cool old buildings, sat in a mini-sports arena and watched the U.S. soccer team lose to the Czech team in the world cup, ate bratwurst and drank a beer on the side of the street, and listened to the churches ring their bells while standing on a bridge over a river. I also got some of the best pictures yet in that city! After the long day, 10 p.m. finally rolled around and we got on our train. We were a little confused because our train said Praha/Budapest, which are two cities that are like hundreds of miles apart. Turned out that our cars split up in the middle of the night though so we were good to go. I stayed up for so long just looking out the window of the train and taking in all the dark scenery. It was so beautiful. Then we drank some wine and went to bed and woke up here in Prague. I'll write more in a few days after I have had some adventures here. By the way Brian and I figured out we have been to like 12 different countries together. He is a good travel buddy.

No comments: